Monday, March 16, 2009

Some past moments

Following are the list of points that I asked my each developer of our BI product Sapience to follow while developing this ultimate product…I posted here as I was deleting my old stuff and I suddenly went through this document and I smiled remembering our olden golden days when we were developing our Generic BI suite in Java. … ahhh  posted just for my ex-team may be they too will smile….

Rules of Thumb

1) Every one must perform some kind of unit testing on their side as well; relying solely on QC department is not going to help us in this regard.

2) Every one who will perform code audit of his respective module that he is responsible, which can save us from Null pointer exception and other errors. (Please do handle for nulls after every method call that returns an object especially for Strings).

3) Every one should fill his daily report as well as regression report daily.

4) The number of bugs produced in ones module will definitely help me to evaluate his skills. High buggy modules will not be appreciated rather considered to be a black rock in the path of stabilization.

5)Reopened bugs are not acceptable at any moment.

6) For multiple pages forms (e.g. wizards), rely on sessions rather on request and hidden form variables.

7) Do evaluate your self at the end of the day, what did you learn, what you have achieved.

8) Do think about your parents and your family at least once a while, and think what deed of yours can make them smile.

Remember the more bugs your module produce, the lower your performance will be counted.

No comments: